This is a breakout board for Bosch's new barometric pressure the BMP180. The BMP180 is the replacement for the popular BMP085 and contains all the same features while featuring a smaller package size and lower pin count. The pressure no longer features the EOC and XCLR pins. The best part is all registers addresses and calculations are the same as the BMP085 so the current libraries for the BMP085 will work just fine.
The IO pins are not 5 volt tolerant so a level translation circuit needs to be implemented if connecting to a 5 volt microcontroller.
NOTE: This is the I2C version of the BMP180, Bosch is offering a custom SPI configuration also but this is not it.
- 1.8V to 3.6V supply voltage
- 1.62V to 3.6 I2C interface voltage
- 300 ... 1100hPa (+9000m ... -500m relating to sea level)
- Temperature measurement included
- Same features as it's predecessor the BMP085
- Software compatible with it's predecessor the BMP085