The Geogram ONE is an open source tracking device based off the Arduino platform. After a successful Kickstarter campaign, several hiccups in the manufacturing and assembly process, we're proud to announce the Geogram ONE is finally available for sale.
We're selling the bare bones board here for development, however to take full advantage of it's capabilites you'll still need the following accessories:
- Single Cell Lithium Polymer Battery - The Geogram ONE is powered by a single cell lithium polymer battery which connects to the onboard 2 pin JST connector. If using your own Lipo battery please make sure it's a single cell (3.7v) and the polarity on the connector is correct.
- Cellular Antenna along with the corresponding SMA to U.Fl adapter to connect to the cellular antenna connector onboard.
- SIM card - any unlocked 2G SIM card will work.
- Optional 12mm coin cell battery - The coin cell battery is used to backup the memory contents of the GPS to assist in a faster time to fix when power is removed.
- Optional 3.3v FTDI cable for uploading sketches (firmware updates) to the main board. The code is based off the rev 022 of the Arduino IDE. It has not been tested on other revisions.
The lithium polymer battery can be recharged by attaching a mini USB cable to the board. The charging circuit is preset to 500mA, so make sure your power source is capable of supplying 500mA (most computers are).
The board also comes preloaded with firmware to use as a tracking device. Communication is handled simply by send an SMS from your smart phone. The tracking device features:
- Locations in Google maps format
- Speed alerts
- and much more (see the forum for more details)
We'll be updating the documentation in the days and weeks to come so if you have any questions, take a look at our fourm or simply drop us an email.
Quad Band GSM
- 66 Channel GPS based off the MT3339 Chipset
- Atmega328p with Arduino Bootloader preinstalled
- 6 axis digital accelerometer
- On board single cell lipo fuel gauge
- 6 pin FTDI connector for connecting optional FTDI cable
- USB conection for charging Lipo battery
- 4 Analog inputs (3 can be used as digital IO)
- 2 Digital IO lines