The I2C GPS Stick is a slimmed down version of the popular I2C GPS Shield. While it may be slimmed down it still provides several of the features included with the original GPS Shield.
The I2C GPS Stick is an Arduino based GPS breakout board that gives the user access to the most common GPS data via I2C commnication. The onboard microcontroller acts as a NEMA-to-I2C bridge that parses all incoming NMEA data and stores the data in registers.
- 3.3 volt supply and IO levels (not 5v tolerant)
- I2C communication up to 400 kHz
- 66 Channel GPS receiver
- 10 Hz update rate
- Ultra Sensitive -165 dBm GPS receiver
- Configurable external interrupt
- 3D Fix LED indicator
- Underside battery holder for optional 12mm coin cell battery backup
- 1PPS (Pulse per Second) output pin for timing critical applications